Kids

Kids

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Homemade Christmas 2012!

A few months back, I was chatting with my friend Char and we got on the topic of homemade Christmas. I absolutely loved the idea, however I have always lacked a certiain confidence when it comes to crafting. I figured I'd never be able to do it, so I just left it at that. But, as Christmas drew nearer, I had a stonger and stronger desire to do it. After making some playmats for the kids (you'll see below) my confidence grew and I decided to go for it! So here it is, all the things I made this year!

I do have to say that although this was a lot of work, it has been such a beautiful experience. I most certainly felt the spirit of Christmas and felt love for my family through my service. I challenged myself and am proud of myself.

Char asked me if I would ever do it again...well, I think I would do it again when my kids are older, so they can make stuff too, but boy, was this ever a lot of work!


Robot tree ornaments for Randy and Sara


Anniversary blocks for Mama & Papa, Mom & Dad, Meg & Matt, AJ & Sarah, Clint & Nickie and Dori & Brad


Magic heat bags


Dress for Nola made out of a man's dress shirt

t

Plush Guitar for Eva


Family tree ornaments.


Travel play mats for Nola and Robbie.


2 sets of tree ornaments - one for GG and one for Cola.


Pillow case covers for Mom Sedrovic


4 scrapbooks from the kids - for Grandma & Papa, Grandma & Grandpa, GG, and Uncle AJ & Auntie Sarah.


Marshmellow shooter guns for Jaxon, Orin and Ami


Nola and Robbie's christmas jammies.


Play tent for the kids.


Jammie pants and a printed quote for Doug!

I am missing one item I made - an embroidered quote for my friend Mandy. For some reason, when I took it's picture, it got saved into the internal memory of my camera, and I can get it out! Haha, oh well :)


4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That all looks so great. I love the dress for Nola. I tried one a couple years ago for Leah and it didn't work at all. Yours looks awesome. Love the tent I have that on my Pinterest page. I want to make it for the beach. When I get around to it I will call you for advice. Thanks for blogging it for me:) (I feel almost famous:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!! What a memorable experience! You've inspired me to do this next year....I better start planning...now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super creative IT Crowd quote idea. Nicer ambulances, faster response times and better looking drivers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Everything looks incredible. Good job!

    ReplyDelete