Kids

Kids

Friday, November 26, 2010

It was bound to happen...

What. A. Night.

I knew the day would come that I would have to deal with my sweet baby and my greatest fear. Well, last night was the night. Nola got the stomach flu...

It was a rough go - poor little thing. She woke up at about 11:40pm, crying in her crib. I went into her room, gave her her soother and I think it triggered her gag reflex 'cause she started vomiting. My poor little darling - she was so scared at first. We got her in the tub and cleaned her up (unfortunately, she was on her back when she threw-up, so she desperately needed a shampooing) then we snuggled with her. We put her in her swing to sleep with Toy Story 2 on the TV and she stayed quiet for a bit...but then came round 2. It just breaks my heart - she was so sick! After we cleaned her up again, she slept for a couple hours, and then she went for round 3. Luckily, third time is a charm, and that was the end of that.

We took her to the hospital in the morning, just to be sure she was ok, and of course, she was! She's just a little under the weather and needed to get all that bad stuff out.

As for me, I DID IT!!!!! I am so proud of myself. It is amazing how motherly instinct takes over, even when we are facing our greatest fears!

Now, on to the heaps of nasty laundry. Ewww...

1 comment:

  1. Oh mY!!! Does't sound fun at all!!! It is hard seeing our little babies sick, isn't it! Happy to hear it wasn't too serious and that she is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete