Kids

Kids

Monday, January 12, 2015

Nola these days

Nola

Age: 4,nearly 5! She will turn five at the beginning of March

Favourite things to do
- dance! We love to listen to records or to grooveshark and dance around the kitchen and living room. Whenever she watches a movie or TV and music comes on, she is up and dancing! She reminds me so much of her big cousin Ami - Ames danced to everything when she was little. Heck, she is still dancing now and she's almost 10 :)
- play animals. Her favourite animals are kittens and unicorns. One of the funniest things she does is when we are in the van, she cheers on her imaginary kitties who are running outside. There have been many times she has asked me to open the window so the kitties can jump into the van. A week or two ago, she counted all the way to 100 so all the kitties could get in the van! She also likes to pretend that she has baby kitties in her tummy and she delivers them in the night time. Last night, she had 100,000 kitties. I am not joking.
- Tarzan. Why? I am not so sure. She still is a die-hard Tarzan fan. For her birthday this year she wants a Tarzan birthday party! She likes to strip down to her undies and pretend that they are her loin cloth...
- Frozen. Last week, Doug and I took the plunge and finally watched Frozen with the kids. When it first came out in theatres, I took Nola, but about half way through she said she wanted to go home, so we never saw the whole thing. I have to admit, that movie is so cute and the music is great. And how refreshing is it the see a movie which teaches that true love isn't always about Prince Charming?!?! Nola, like every other child on the planet, loves the music and turns everything into snow and ice around the house.
- some other favourite movies recently are The Croods and Wallace and Gromit.
- play-doh.
- note pads and pens. She LOVES them! If you ever wonder what to get Nola, a note pad and pen always deliver. She packs them around the house drawing pictures, making notes, whatever! She has one pad she calls her iPad, and another she calls her field journal.
- stickers.
- angry birds.
- make toast at Grandmas house.
- tubby time. I bet my kids have a playing bath every single day. Nola and Robbie bathe together and they have SO much fun!! I usually have to add more hot water 2 or 3 times per tubby session.

Favourite foods
- cheerios, in all their varieties. Multi-grain, plain, chocolate, apple cinnamon - you name it!
- homemade buns and tortillas.
- cherry tomatoes.
- chicken nuggets and fries.
- orange juice.

Not-so-favourite foods
- marshmallows.
- potatoes, in all their varieties.
- pomegranate.

Best friends
- Eleanor Irwin.
- her cousin, Eva.
- Grandma.
- Mommy :)

Random tid-bits
- we just cut 6 inches of her hair off. It's at her shoulders now and she will not stop sucking on it. She also sucks on her coat.
- if she loves you, she will call you a stinky pants :)
- she is trying to steal my snuggle blanket. Every time her snuggle blanket (which happens to be my old snuggle blankets) get worn, she sneaks in and tries to steal mine. Little turkey.

What Mommy loves about Nola
- her heart. Even at such a young age, she is so compassionate, empathetic and loving. Her family and friends mean EVERYTHING to her. If her brothers or one of her friends is crying, she will do everything she can to try to make them feel better. I remember one time, Eleanor was crying because she wanted to play with the wand Nola had. When Nola realized that, she gave it right to Eleanor. When I asked Nola about it, she said 'I saw Eleanor crying about the wand. I don't want her to be sad, so I'll play with something else.' She had a huge smile and her face and went along playing. This is who she is - caring and loving. She teaches me so much!
- her imagination. She has a wild imagination that I just LOVE!! She tells such elaborate stories and plays such wild and detailed games. She has no inhibitions when she plays - what a gift!
- her dancing. Watching her is just pure joy. She had great rhythm and really gets into it. On slow songs, she sways and spins. On fast songs, she jumps and flails. No matter what, she is just feeling the music, and that makes this Mama's heart very happy.
- her singing. She loves to sing, and we sing together. She cant wait until she is 8 and she can sing in the choir with me at church. One special experience I had was at church the other day. For weeks when Nola would come home from church, she would sing little bits and pieces of a Christmas song she was learning in Primary. The Sunday before Christmas, the Primary sang this song during Sacrament meeting. Nola knew all the words and actions and she sang from her little heart. I bawled my eyes through the whole thing.
- cooking together. She is my kitchen helper and it is awesome. I love cooking with my girl!
- snuggles. When we snuggle, she usually pretends she is my kitty. I named her Twinkle and she uses this special kitty voice to talk to me. She wants me to get her a scratch on her back and in her armpits (serious) I love these moments.

These are special days with my Nola girl. I love you baby!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment