Kids

Kids

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Papa's retirement week!

Over the last couple of months, all of us Walton children put our brains together and organized a retirement party for Papa. It took some planning and preparation, but it was so worth it! We had Papas party on April 2nd and it went off without a hitch.

Randy flew in from the Coast on March 30 and thens when all the festivities began! Nicole picked Orin and Ami up from the Hat that afternoon and then headed to our house for dinner. Papa, Mama and Randy came by for a visit that night too. The next day, we all went bowling and then to Cola ad Dallins for dinner. On Friday we headed down to Cardston for the weekend. That night, Doug and I went to the temple while the kids hung out with their aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents. We had the most beautiful time at the temple...I am so truthfully grateful for the restoration of the gospel! I don't know what I would do without the temple!

That Saturday was the day of the party and also General Conference. The morning was super busy trying to get everything ready. When Meg got their, we listened to conference while we cooked and did our hair. It's those kinds of things that I LOVE about having sisters :) 

The party began around noon and we did not stop until 5! We had a delicious lunch, played games, got family photos done, watched a slideshow and are cake. We all pitched in and took are of things.  

The boys watched priesthood conference at 6 while us gals visited and hung with the kids. After bedtime, we settled down for a movie. Ames, Mama and I were not interested in the movie the majority of people wanted to watch, so us three snuggles in Nanas bed and watched a different show. It was lovely.

The next day was Conference Sunday and it was perfect!!!! Meg, Matty and the kids stayed and we all watched conference together. We are a big yummy breakfast and prepared games and activities for the kids to play while watching conference. I cant even describe the Spirit that was there....sharing gospel moments with my family is so very sacred to me.  It was the best.

I really do love my in-law family so much. Mixing families can be a challenge, but I am just so blessed to be a Walton! They love me and I love them. 

Here's to many more fabulous family get-togethers!


1 comment:

  1. Our dad also retired last year. He didn’t host the party at that time due to financial issues but now wants to host a party for his friends. Have been trying hard to find best party venue Houston TX for the party. Really want to host an awesome party for him.

    ReplyDelete