Kids

Kids

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sparks sleepover

Last night, Nola and I went to her sparks sleepover at the community centre!

I'll be honest, I wasn't too excited to go. Not that I thought it was be bad, I was just so tired and not wanting to deal with a bunch of little girls. I am happy to say that I am SO glad I went! It was lots and lots of fun! 

We started out by drawing with sidewalk chalk outside. It was only Brown Owl, Jessica, Jade, Nola and I for the first hour or so. Jessica is a Brownie and Jade is a guide. That is one of the things I love most about Girl Guides here in Coalhurt - since we are such a small community, sparks, brownies and guides all meet together! It warms my hert to see Nola walk down the halls at school and have friends in different grades :) Just before we ate, Ruth, Aurora, Izzy and Gemma showed up.

After chalk we made supper - Taco in a bag. Yum!!! Brown owl did an amazing job teaching the girls how to make the dinner. Girl guides is all about teaching the girls life skills and it was great to see Brown Owl doing that. We then made some crafts, went to play at the park and then came back and crafted again! We decorated mugs and made feather masks. 

We got all of our beds set up and started watching The Arisocats around 8:30. We paused the show about an hour in and had some snacks - popcorn, chips and rice Krispy squares. Back to the movie, which the girls switched to Aladdin, and the down for bed. Nola was pretty wired and didn't go down until after 11, but she did it!!! I wasn't too sure if she would actually sleep there...I was anticipating heading home once all her friends had fallen asleep, but she did it!! So proud of my big girl :) We slept good and were up at out of there early this morning as Doug had morning meetings for church.

It was a lovely evening spent with my daughter and her friends.  I am so glad that she wants me around - what an absolute priveldge! These years are so special and I know will go by in the blink of an eye.

I love you Nola, with a ferocity you will only undertand once you too are a mother. I adore you and cherish the time we get together. As hard as it may be, it is an honour to watch you grow up. You will not always be 6, so I want to enjoy each and every moment I can now. I will always be yours, darling. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment