Kids

Kids

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

30 things before I turn 30

On July 18, 2017, I will turn 30 years old. I have no issues with turning 30… I don't feel sad or anxious or nervous about it. A few years back, a friend of mine made a list of 40 things to do before her 40th and I thought it was a brilliant idea! So, I am going to follow her lead and give this a go.

In no particular order, here is my list!

1. Read the Harry Potter books. I love the Harry Potter movies and watch them over and over and over, so it's about time I pick up the books give them a go.
2. Start my personal history: complete my history journal. I have purchased at history journal from the church bookstore. It is filled with questions about my life up until now, so I'm going to fill it in.
3. Complete a triathlon.
4. Take a family name to the temple. In my 12 years of membership, I have yet to take any family names to the temple. It's about time I do that!
5. Learn how to braid my own hair.
6. Significantly reduce my wardrobe. We live in a world filled with 'stuff'… I want to reduce my 'stuff'.
7. Take the family on a luxurious vacation.
8. Try 30 new recipes.
9. Print my blog books.
10. Organize a service project. We often do these within our church, however I would like to do one on my own, inviting my own circle of friends to assist me.
11. Learn how to play 30 songs on the piano.
12. Write a new song.
13. Host a fancy dinner party.
14. Bring my children to see live music.
15. Explore Lethbridge. There are tons of little shops, little restaurants, museums and galleries that I have never stepped foot in!!! Let's see what our town has to offer!
16. Take a spin class.
17. Write a letter to each of my children for them to open on their 30th birthday.
18. Climb a mountain. It doesn't matter which one, where it is, or how big it is. I just want to hike one.
19. Where no make up. I'll blog a little bit more about this :)
20. Complete a full pull up, unassisted. Wish me luck!
21. Watch my favorite movies from my youth. Wayne's world, biodome, sword in the stone, the great panda adventure, Beethoven's second, Dracula: Dead and loving it.
22. Play scatagories with Ali.
23. Grow a herb garden.
24. Read a history book. I know very little about any kind of history, so it doesn't matter what kind of history I read about.
25. Face of fear: shoot a gun.
26. Write a letter to President Monson.
27. Ask 30 different women about their 'story' and record them.
28. Watch a live sports event.
30. Play my guitar and sing for some of my friends.

Well, there you have it. I have about 8 months to complete all these goals, so wish me luck. I will update as I go along :)

1 comment:

  1. What a great list! Checking things off of a list is like the best feeling. Good luck :) and you will love the Harry Potter series. I've read the books like a dozen times.

    ReplyDelete