Kids

Kids

Sunday, January 15, 2017

30 before 30 UPDATE

I have been plugging away at my list. Here is where I am at!

1. Read the Harry Potter books. UPDATE I have read books 1-3 and am about a quarter of the way through the 4th one. I am not much of a reader but boy, these books are awesome! If you haven't yet, you need to read them! I am a huge fan of the movies and the books are filling in plt holes that I didn't even know existed! I have been loving it!
2. Start my personal history: complete my history journal. I have purchased at history journal from the church bookstore. It is filled with questions about my life up until now, so I'm going to fill it in.
3. Complete a triathlon.
4. Take a family name to the temple. In my 12 years of membership, I have yet to take any family names to the temple. It's about time I do that!
5. Learn how to braid my own hair. UPDATE I can now successfully french braid my own hair!! I can dutch braid Nola's but have yet to really master it on my own. I will keep practicing!
6. Significantly reduce my wardrobe. UPDATE COMPLETE! I gave away 37 pieces of clothing out of my closet and boy, did it ever feel good!! All of the clothes I have now I love and they fit great. No more trying on 100 different outfits and feeling gross in all of them.
7. Take the family on a luxurious vacation. UPDATE COMPLETE! Edmonton was amazing!!!
8. Try 30 new recipes. UPDATE I have tried
1. Gingerbread cheesecake dip. Verdict - not my fav. I don't really like the taste of molasses.
2. Baked Cranberry Brie. Verdict - this particular recipe had vanilla and brown sugar with the cranberries, so it was quite sweet. I will make it again, however without the sweetness.
3. Broccoli Chicken Divan. Verdict - yum! My mother-in-law makes this, but I had never. It was pretty yummy! This recipe has curry and i love that flavor.
9. Print my blog books.
10. Organize a service project. We often do these within our church, however I would like to do one on my own, inviting my own circle of friends to assist me.
11. Learn how to play 30 songs on the piano. UPDATE This one is going to be harder than I anticipated. Because I play music by ear, training myself to actually read the music has been so hard! I have 2 songs now that I can play ONLY when I follow the music. I do not have them memorized, which has been super hard for me not to do.
12. Write a new song.
13. Host a fancy dinner party.
14. Bring my children to see live music.
15. Explore Lethbridge. There are tons of little shops, little restaurants, museums and galleries that I have never stepped foot in!!! Let's see what our town has to offer!
16. Take a spin class.
17. Write a letter to each of my children for them to open on their 30th birthday.
18. Climb a mountain. It doesn't matter which one, where it is, or how big it is. I just want to hike one.
19. Wear no make up. UPDATE This really is a blog post in itself. I have not worn one stitch of makeup since Nov 21st. It has taught me so much...again, that will be another blog post :)
20. Complete a full pull up, unassisted. Wish me luck!
21. Watch my favorite movies from my youth. Wayne's world, biodome, sword in the stone, the great panda adventure, Beethoven's second, Dracula: Dead and loving it.
22. Play scatagories with Ali.
23. Grow a herb garden.
24. Read a history book. I know very little about any kind of history, so it doesn't matter what kind of history I read about.
25. Face a fear: shoot a gun.
26. Write a letter to President Monson or any General Authority.
27. Ask 30 different women about their 'story' and record them.
28. Watch a live sports event.
30. Play my guitar and sing for some of my friends.

There are my updates! I am still going strong! I love having these little goals to work on :)

2 comments:

  1. These are all so great. I am glad you're enjoying the Harry Potter books. They are my favourite, I have read them a dozen times. Doesn't it feel so liberating not wearing make up! Can't wait to read that post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. That history journal sounds great. I am going to look into that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete