Kids

Kids

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Friends

Three hole punch Jac and smurfette Jess.

My beautiful Jodes on her beautiful day.

Ali, my dear, sweet, Ali.

Beautiful Renee.

Me, Simone and the babes!
Beautiful soul = LeahRose

I have been contemplating what I should blog about. Should I blog about the actual events of my life, or how I have been feeling? Lately, I guess the two go hand in hand, so I'll just go for it.

This weekend I had the blessing of having one of my bestest buddies fly into to stay with us for a couple days. Renee has been my partner in crime for many years and it was so wonderful to spend some time with her again. She got to meet Nola for the first time, which was so wonderful to watch. Renee loves children and it warmed my heart so much to see her interact with my darling child. We spent a wonderful day at the Calgary Zoo, hit up the mall for some serious shopping and had plenty of down-time to chat about everything from love to money and belt it out to Bloc Party while cruisin' in Southern Alberta.

On the 19th, my dear friends, Jacquie and Eric, had their first baby - a sweet little boy named Oliver. Her and her husband live in Ontario, which is just too far away...

My dear cousin, Jodi, called me for some much needed love and support as she is moments away from bringing her second child into the world.
My beautiful LeahRose e-mailed me to make sure I was doing well when I posted on FaceBook that I was feeling low.

All of these events have have brought me to contemplate and reflect on the friendships and relationships in my life. Over the years, friends have come and gone. Friendships have blossomed and wilted, shone on and faded away, yet there have been a few who have stuck by, and like fine wine, grew sweeter, stronger and worth more than rubies.

I am forever grateful for real friends - for those I can count on and believe in. Jodes, LeahRose, Ray, Al, Simone, Jac, you girls mean more to me than you will ever know.

Thanks gals. I love ya.
PS. I wanted to post the pics at the bottom, but I didn't know how...so just imagine it.






















No comments:

Post a Comment