Kids

Kids

Saturday, June 5, 2010

The last 3 months!

I am so sorry it has taken me SO long to write another post. I just got carried away in the day to day of being a new mommy. However, I am now determined to blog more often, so here I go!

There has been SO much going on in our lives. First, Nola.

Nola has been doing SO good! We have truely won the baby lottery. She is beautiful - very petite and feminine - and she is almost 3 months old! Wow! Where has the time gone? She'll be 3 months on Tuesday, June 8. OK, so she has been the best baby ever. From 6 weeks, she has slept through the night. I know right? Crazy! We are so fortunate. She rarely cries - mostly when you change her diaper or when she is hungry. She is at that fun stage where she is smiling at us and she is starting to notice her toys. She has yet to reach for her toys, however she knows they are there. She is a very content baby. She LOVES tummy time and her swing (Mommy loves her swing too) Unfortunatley for Nola, she actually cut a tooth at 11 weeks! Poor thing has one sore mouth. The teething toys we have found are too big for her petitie little mouth, so she spends alot of time gnawing on her hands or sucking on a cold cloth with mommy. All in all, Nola is the best thing that has ever happened to us!

Second, WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!! Holy smokes, we bought our first house. It was pretty crazy how it all happened. Nola was only 5 weeks old and we felt that we needed a bigger place (Its amazing how much space a baby takes up!) so we looked to rent and holy cow, when did Lethbridge become an expensive place to rent? Three bedroom main floors were anywhere from $900 -$1200 PLUS utilities! Crazy! From my banking experience, I knew that we could own a home with paying half of what was being asked for rent, so we went to the bank and then went looking.
We bought a mobile home in Coalhurst, AB. Its just perfect! Its 1116 square feet, has a 2 car garage, a full deck, a sunken living room and an unfinshed addition. We are on a corner lot, so we have lots of yard (and lots of grass - sorry Doug) Also, we own the lot, which is just awesome! We didnt want to have to pay lot fees. We moved in on May 27th - so we've been in for just over a week! Yay new home!!!

Thos are the 2 biggest things going on in our lives here. We are so happy and content. Nola is a dream come true and we are so grateful to have a home all to ourselves. We love you all!

Jess:)

Oh, I'll get some pictures up on here of Nola and the house whenever I figure out how to do that....I'll be calling you Cola!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have a blog!! I hope you don't mind me looking :) Congrats on the little girl being a mommy is simply the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alli! So good to hear from you! and I totally dont mind you looking at the blog - I would be a liar if I said I didnt creep on your facebook page. Congrats on beautiful Chloe and the new girl on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jess! I love blogs you get a bit more detail than on facebook! So happy all is well with you and your little family I hope you really do continue to update often!

    ReplyDelete