Kids

Kids

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Our routine.

I am still unable to download any pictures or videos on to my blog, but I figured I wouldn't let that hold me back from posting. You will just have to use your imagination :)

Nola and I have settled in to a wonderful new morning routine. As all mothers know, baby's routine can change as quickly as their outfit, and I am really enjoying the grove we are in. She has been waking up around 6:00am (not my favorite part of this routine). First, we snuggle for a bit and then play in the mirror. Nola loves to look at her self in the mirror. She gets a huge grin, lets out a shriek of excitement, then digs her head into my chest only to look back in the mirror and do it all over again.

Nola is now sitting up all on her own, so she has some time to sit and play with her toys. Her favorite toys at the moment are her new bath toys - a little crab, a turtle, a dolphin and an octopus - the rolling ball G.G. bought her and, as always, her pink teething toy.

After some alone play time, Nola has some breakfast! Usually apples or blueberries. I must admit, I love feeding her solids! It can be very trying, but it's so fun to see her eye up the spoon and open wide for a big bite! After her fruit, she munches on a baby mum-mum while we listen to music and I clean the kitchen. I dance and sing along with the music and Nola loves it! I am so glad she loves when I sing :) She smiles, shrieks and bangs her sippy cup along with the beat.

When the kitchen is clean, she plays in her exersaucer in the living room while I read my scriptures. Then, she has a bottle and goes down for her morning nap.

That's our mornings, for now anyways. I love being Nola's mom!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds great Jess, I can't believe she's sitting up all by herself!!
    Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of days!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete