Kids

Kids

Thursday, January 20, 2011

One of those moments

First off, I apologize. I have been a horrible blogger lately. I have absolutely no excuse, as I find I waste too much time per day on facebook, however I am going to try to get back on track here. I need to be blogging as I do not keep any other kind of journal for Nola.

What I wanted to share today was a wonderful experience I had with Lil' Nollie yesterday. Normally Doug gives her a bath and then I feed her a bottle, however Doug has Scouts on Wednesdays, so I get to give her a bath. She's usually pretty chill in the tub - she just wants to chew on her toys, however last night she was kicking her legs and splashing. Every time she would do it, I would cheer her on a little bit and then she would just go nuts! I was laughing so hard and because I was laughing, she would kick more and more! She ended up scooting herself all around the tub and was soaking wet! Both of us laughed, smiled and laughter some more.

It was one of those moments, one of the those moments where I knew that I will have no greater joy in my life than to be a mother. Nola makes me so happy! She brings me so much peace and joy. I know that being a mother is a divine calling from our Heavenly Father, and I want to treat it as such. I, along with many others, have my moments where I think, "What the heck am I doing here? I cant handle kids!", yet I know that this is my purpose.

I love you Nola! You are my bestest little friend!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! What a great moment. Thanks for sharing.
    You three were all meant for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. I know exactly what you mean!!

    ReplyDelete