Kids

Kids

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Our boy is blessed :)

What a wonderful day. Today, December 4, our little Robbie Boy was blessed. Doug blessed him at our ward in Picture Butte and most of our family was able to attend. Unfortunately, we were missing a few of Doug's siblings as Jaxon was sick, the roads around Calgary were bad for Dori and Brad come this morning and Randy and Sara live on the coast and they came down for Thanksgiving. Even though we were missing some family members, we had a wonderful day. Doug and I had decided to only invite family to the blessing and it was the best choice for us. It was intimate and quiet and the Spirit was very strong. My friend Ashley and I sang a duet during Sacrament Meeting at church and it turned out really well. We sang a rendition of 'I know that my Redeemer lives' and the spirit was very strong. We also had the joy of sharing blessing days with the Bates'. We are very close with them and it was wonderful to share such a special day. Robbie and Mady were so sweet all dressed in white. Of course, I had forgotten to get a picture of the two of them together :(

Sister Pierson, a member in our ward, was able to write down what was said in Robbie's blessing and I would like to share it.

Robbie's blessing:
'We want you to know how pleased we are that you have come to our family and how much of a blessing you are to us and how loved and cared for you are. You have brought great joy to the hearts of your parents, your sister, your aunts and your uncles.
'We bless you that you will grow strong and healthy and that you will be happy.
'We bless you that you will enjoy the time you have with your sister; that you will play well together; that you will care for her. Even though you are younger than her, you will be a caregiver and a watch-guard for her.
'We bless you that you will work hard, not only in temple work, but you will work hard to better yourself, improve your talents and your spirituality. These efforts will bring you joy.
'We bless you to know the importance of family and know that you have lots of family and loved ones around you to help you as your grow. Know that they are there for you.
'We bless you that you will be able to work to support the family you have, that you will take care of them.
'Know that your Heavenly Father loves you.'

As I read through Robbie's blessing, I can't help but think that Robbie has been blessed to be just like his Daddy. So many of the things Robbie has been blessed with are things that Dougie has been blessed with as well. I know that Robbie is a Son of God and is so loved. I am so grateful for the Saviour and His role in me and my family's life. I am and will be forever grateful to the Lord for my many blessings, especially my family.






















1 comment:

  1. those are great pictures Jessica! Your new haircut looks great. I'm back home in one week, lets plan to get together. I love you. xoxo
    -Renee

    ReplyDelete