Kids

Kids

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sick

My word, we have been some sick around here! I got the cold from hell, which developed into a sinus infection. I have never felt a pain like that before. I felt like I got kicked in the face! I was very happy to get on some anti-biotics and have some relief since I couldn't take anything over-the-cunter because I am nursing.

The horrible part? Poor little Robbie got very sick. I took him to the Dr on Tuesday, again on thursday and then into the ER on Saturday. The ER Dr. thinks, and I agree, that Robbie is asthmatic. It only makes sense, most of my side of the family is, Nola is, but it is still hard to hear. I have a feeling that he is really going to struggle with asthma and it makes me sad and scared. My brother struggled with asthma as a child and I have talked to my mom about it a lot. I can't imagine having to take your child to the hospitl on a regular basis just so they can breathe...the thought itself is heart breaking. I hope I'm wrong and that he doesn't struggle with the asthma, but I want to prepare myself the best I can if he does.

He also have RSV right now, which just adds to the problem. I am happy to report, however, that I took him to the DR yesterday and his chest sounds mch better and he's breathing easier! Yay!

I just have to mention that Doug is amazing. I am sorry ladies, but I really do have the MOST amazing husband ever. He took two and a half days off of work last week to help me and the kids. I love and appreciate him with all my heart! Even thought we've been sick, we are still so happy and blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Jess I love you--I hope you guys are back to feeling 100% very soon! You are always so positive and uplifting and have the best attitude though so I love reading anything you write. Please call if I can help with anything!

    ReplyDelete