Kids

Kids

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Time for a change

Have you ever had your picture taken when you feel like you are looking great, then you look at it and think, "Is that really what I look like?" Well, here is my picture...


This picture was taken the day Robbie was blessed. I can't believe how big I have gotten! I know I just had a baby, but that doesn't give me an excuse to 'let go' of myself and feel gross. After seeing this picture, and a few videos of me over the Christmas holidays, I knew I needed to make a big change in my life or I would just get bigger and bigger.

Starting in the New Year, I joined Weight Watchers. I was very skeptical - I didn't think I needed to be a part of any program since I don't have a lot of weight to lose - but my mother does it, she thinks its great and I trust her. Well, it really is a great program!! I get to eat whatever I want! I am alotted 'X' amount of points per day and I decide how I want to use them. If I want to eat a lot of healthy things, or if I want to eat less, but all junk food, I can. I like that since some days this girl NEEDS her chocolate!

I am also taking some fitness classes. I take a class called Fitness Fusion on Monday mornings. The great thing about this class is that I get to bring my kids! It's a Mommy and Baby class, so I use Robbie as a weight and Nola runs around with the other toddlers. I really love it! Its good too because its HARD! Linnden, the instructor, doesn't take it easy on us, which is perfect :) I'm also taking a Kick Boxing class on Thursday nights. This class is ridiculously hard...my word. But hey, thats the point! I feel good after the class and proud that I made it through!

It has been 2 weeks since I started weight watchers and my classes and I am down 8 lbs! I am my pre-pregnancy weight and I am fitting in ALL my pre-pregnancy clothes. It feels great! I am so much happier and healthier. I'm looking forward to keeping it up and getting back to the old me.

No comments:

Post a Comment