Kids

Kids

Sunday, June 17, 2012

5 Peaks Trail Run - Canmore

We did it!

On Saturday, June 16th, Doug and I ran the sport course of the 5 Peaks Trail Run in Canmore. This the third time Doug has ran this race and my first. It was around 6km, through the mountains. It was so beautiful, albeit challenging - there were a lot of hills!

Both Doug and I are very proud of our race times. Doug placed 43/223, with a time of 31 minutes. He did SO well!! His first year, he completed the race in 47 minutes, last year in 39 minutes and then this year he KILLED it with 31 minutes!! I placed 172/223 and completed the race in 43 minutes!! Yay!! Since Doug completed his first race in 47 minutes, I set the goal of completing it in an hour and I am so proud of my time. I can honestly say I gave it all I got, so I have no regrets :)

Can't wait to do it again next year!







4 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! What a great thing to do as a couple! Very encouraging . . . I think Tanner and I might have to do something like this, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys look like you're super tired trying to look like you're not super tired... nah, we didn't have only 3 hours of sleep before this run of mass proportions, we're good.

    You inspire me, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete