Kids

Kids

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Book club

A highschool friend of mine, Jesse, is a writer and has an amazing blog. On her blog, she challenged, and successfully completed, reading 25 books before her 25th birthday. After she read each book, she'd talk a little bit about each one - what she liked, what she didn't. Long story short, she has totally inspired me! Since I am turning 25 in less than a month, I can't follow exactly what she has done, however I have joined a book club!

My patriarchal blessing states that I should strive to read good books, which can be really challenging to find, so I am very pleased that our Relief Society is heading this book club!

The first book we read was 'The Guernsey Literary and Potatoe Peel Pie Society' by Mary Ann Schaffer and Annie Barrows



The verdict? I loved it! The book is written as a series of letters, written between an author, Juliet, living in England, and the members of a literary society on the Guernsey Islands, follow the Second World War. It was funny, touching, informative and very enjoyable. I definatly recommend it!

The next book on our list?


'The Little Prince' by Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. We have some sisters who do a book club in our ward. I am actually the head of it and tomorrow I'm hosting it at my house. This past month we were to read Daughters of our Kingdom since not many sisters will ever read it. If you want suggestions for books, we've done some awesome ones...and some not so. I'm glad you are part of a book club, it makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mare!! We'd love suggestions! E-mail me a list whenever you get some time :) dougandjesswalton@gmail.com
      PS I miss you!

      Delete