Kids

Kids

Friday, June 29, 2012

My Nola

There is NOTHING more I could ask for in a child.


She is so loving, tender and compassionate. She hugs, kisses and snuggles me all day. She will crawl up on the couch, wrap her arms around me and give me a big squeeze. She will hold my face in her hands, look me deep in the eyes, and tell me she loves me. She will kiss me, right on the lips. She will lay beside me and gently rub my arm. She recognizes when I am angry, and says 'Its okay Mommy.' When I tell her she made me feel sad, she says 'I sorry Mommy.' She colours me pictures. She picks me flowers. She calls me her 'Best Friend.' She sings with me and for me. She asks me to kiss every single boo-boo, no matter how big or small. She asks me to read her 'puppy's book', every night before bed. Then, she asks me to red it again. She wants me. She needs me. She is my baby.

As mothers, we spend too much time talking about what our children take from us, not what our children give to us. I think if we took the time to see all they gave us, we would see them in a whole new light. I know I have.

I love you Nola, and that goes much deeper than words. You are my kindred spirit, my bestest little friend, my daughter. Always know that I will kiss every boo-boo you bring to me, and mean it.

1 comment:

  1. She is such a beautiful little girl, and you are a great Momma! I can tell you really love and appreciate Motherhood.

    ReplyDelete