Kids

Kids

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A taste of nostalgia

When AJ and I were kids, we went on the same family vacation every summer. With Uncle Bruce, Auntie Shirley, Geoff and Jodi, we'd go to Calgary for a couple nights! We'd stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel, in pool side rooms. We'd spend a day at the Calgary Zoo and we'd hit up some sort of arcades, usually Easy Street.

Of course, much has changed since then. All us kids have grown up, we've started families our own families and we have all moved in different directions. AJ and Sarah are married and living in Fernie. Geoff and Lacy are engaged, living in Sparwood with their beautiful little boy, Nathan. Jodes and Ryan are up in Golden with their three precious kids, Doug and I are here in Coalhurst, my parents are in Magrath and Auntie and Uncle are living in the Yukon. Needless to say, we don't get to see each other very often.

At the end of June, Auntie and Uncle were down visiting from the Yukon, so we decided to introduce all the grandbabies to our old ritual! We had an amazing time! The ONLY thing that could have made it better is if AJ could have been there. Poor guy had to work :( All the more reason to do it again soon!

The zoo day was so awesome. We pretty much played 'baby-swap' all day long!! That made me SO happy!! This was the first time I got to meet my darling nephew Nathan, and it warmed my heart to see Geoff and Lacy just as excited to see Nola and Robbie! Actually, it was my first time meeting Lacy too. She is pretty much amazing! From the second we saw her, we knew she was Auntie Lacy! She is so amazing with kids and is totally laid back. Seriously, she's the best. At one point, I had Robbie on my back in the Ergo and I was packing Abi in my arms. I got quite a few wierd looks! Robbie and Abi are 7 months apart. One lady came up and said, 'Aww, twi...oh. Nope. My, they sure are close!' Haha, I reassured her that they weren't both mine.


There were kids everywhere and I wouldn't have changed it for the world. I love my family, especially all my nieces and nephews. They have such a special place in my heart. I am so grateful to be an Auntie!!







































No comments:

Post a Comment