Kids

Kids

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Book club - The Little Prince



I am a little late on this post, but the last book we read for our book club was 'The Little Prince' by Antoine De Saint-Exupery. It was a very interesting to hear everyones different thoughts on the book. One sister LOVES it. So much, in fact, that she designed her sons nursery around the book. Another sister HATED it. So much that she said she felt frustrated while reading and never wants to talk about the book again. As for me? I am very indifferent. I didn't love it, I didn't hate it. I'll doubt I would read it again. There are some lines from the book that are very touching and have given me some insight.
Here are some of my favourites

"To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world....”

“You're beautiful, but you're empty...One couldn't die for you. Of course, an ordinary passerby would think my rose looked just like you. But my rose, all on her own, is more important than all of you together, since she's the one I've watered. Since she's the one I put under glass, since she's the one I sheltered behind the screen. Since she's the one for whom I killed the caterpillars (except the two or three butterflies). Since she's the one I listened to when she complained, or when she boasted, or even sometimes when she said nothing at all. Since she's my rose.”

The next book is 'Les Miserables' by Victor Hugo. I am lving it so far, even though it is a little difficult to read and is very long. Can't wait to finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment