Kids

Kids

Friday, August 31, 2012

A night to remember

Things have been tough. We have been forced into making some huge decision in our life that we do not feel ready for. On top of our own isuues, many of my very dear friends are struggling with HUGE issues. To be honest, I have been feeling very deflated.

Last night, I was feeling particularily low. Doug asked how he could help and we decided that we would get some take-out and go for a picnic. We got Vietnamese food and went over to a green space on the North side.

It was the most beautiful evening.

We ate on our picnic blanket, we chased Nola, we played soccer, Robbie stood up all by himself for the very first time, Nola picked flowers for all of us, and upon giving them, she said 'It's cuz I love you.' Nola saw some little pine cones starting to bud, so she craddled them in her hands and said, 'Awww! Yook, they are baby ones! Shhh Mommy, they sleepin.' She totally melted my heart :) Robbie played in the grass and giggled.

I was filled with peace. As I was sitting on the grass and observing the evening, I knew that everything is going to work out. Not only for me, but for my friends too. I looked upon my children and my husband, and all my burdens were lifted from my shoulders. How grateful I am to my Heavenly Father for the Plan of Happiness. I testify that the family IS central to all happiness in this life. I testify that our Saviour, Jesus Christ, has experienced everything - sorrow, pain, disappointment - that we may feel in our mortal life and that if we turn to Him, He can help us. He can guide us to TRUE joy, eternal joy. My heart is broken, my spirit contrite and my joy is full.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you found some peace. Good luck with your decisions. Cora has been looking for a lace shirt and wants to know where you got yours.

    ReplyDelete