Kids

Kids

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Calgary Trip!

I just want to start out by saying how much I love my family! They are all such wonderful people. We've all had our issues, but as we are growing up, we seem to be growing closer and that makes me SO happy! My brother, AJ and his wife, Sarah are the most amazing Auntie and Uncle. Seriously, Nola and Robbie are very blessed to have them. My parents are everything to me. They take being grandparents very seriously. They always make time for us and the kids know Grandma and Grandpa are a safe place. GG. GG! I LOVE GG! I really can't find the words to express what I feel for GG. She is a very special woman and my kids are very aware of that.

Now that I got that off my chest, I'll get on with my post about our trip to Calgary! My parents took our whole family vacation! We went to Calgary for two nights - all of us!!! We went to Calaway Park and to Chuck E Cheese. Nola and Robbie were in heaven! They were packed around and coddled by family for two whole days! Actually, I think it's safe to say we were all in heaven :) We had a great visit and tons of fun!

I was very interested to see how Nola would handle the rides at Calaway. My initial thought was that she wouldn't go on any rides, however we walked up to the first ride - boats - and she hopped right on! She was happy as a clam. Great! She would go on rides! Well...not exactly. After the boats, we went to the airplanes. She loved watching them, but refused to go on... just like she refused darn near every other ride in the park. She did, however, make it on to the carosel...eventually. The first time, she waited in line with Auntie, Uncle and Robbie, but when it got time to get on a horse, she flipped out. So, Auntie took Robbie on by himself :) After walking past the carosel a few times, she asked to go back on. Once on, she wanted off, but all of us watching would cheer for her and it made her feel a little better. As for us big kids, we had a BLAST! We took Sarah on her first roller-coaster ride. There may have been a few tears, but she did great. We got an AWESOME photo of us on the roller-coaster. It's hilarious! After the roller-coaster, we waited in line at the log ride for over an hour. As always, it was worth the wait! What a blast. Plus, Doug and I didn't mind hanging out for an hour sans children :)

We also went to Chuck E Cheese. The kids were really tired by then, especially Robbie, so we didn't plan on staying too long, but... SOMEONE got really into the terminator game. Just check out the pictures. The plus side? AJ and Doug got some sweet bling with all their tickets :)

It was the best weekend a girl could ask for. How thankful I am for family!

1 comment:

  1. Calaway is a really fun place! And family is the very best.

    ReplyDelete