Kids

Kids

Monday, December 9, 2013

Hospital pic's of John

I am writing this 6 weeks after John's birth, so my memory is a little fuzzy. I was in the hospital for 4 days after John was born. It was a good experience - the nurses were kind and helpful, and I really enjoyed having so much one-on-one time with John. I had the perfect amount of visitors - Nana and Papa, Grandma and GG, and Melissa. Doug even went to work on the Monday, so I had a full day with just John and I :)

Some of the draw backs were the fact that children were not allowed on the maternity floor, due to the measles outbreak. That meant I didn't get to see the kids until I got home...which was sad. Also, I didn't know that I had to be in charge of my pain medication - I figured the nurses would just give me my meds when it was time. It's my nature to not want to 'pester' anyone, so I went hours without any sort of drugs. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and asked a nurse. She didn't make me feel stupid for not asking earlier (which was awesome) and from then on I was on top of things.

Here are some of the pic's from us at the hospital :)



I can't believe I am posting this picture, but this is what you look like after an emergency C-section. Death.












1 comment: