Kids

Kids

Monday, March 30, 2015

A night worth remembering

Tonight was a night like any other night.

After supper, we headed over to the park. There, we met up with the Irwins and had a family home evening lesson in the gazebo on the resurrection of Christ. After the lesson, the girls ran up and down the hills, John threw rocks in the lake and Robbie just did his own thing - whacked the grass with his sword. After our park date was over, Dougie and I packed the kids into the stroller and went on a power walk. 'Family fitness time' as we like to coin it, is our attempt at trying to get back into shape, but also utilising our family time for just that - time as a family.

After the walk, it was time to tub the kids. John went to bed right after the bath, and the big kids came into our bed to cuddle and watch 'Grizzy bugs' or what everyone else knows as 'Elmo in grouchland.' Doug and I lay side by side in bed, holding hands, each with a child wrapped in our arms.

After the snuggle its time for scriptures, prayer and our family chart. A few more snuggles, back scratches and rounds of the Dora theme song, and the kids are off to sleep. Doug is out for a run and I'm soaking in the tub.

Tonight is like any other night. However, I cannot help but feel the impression that this is something to record. Tonight, like many other nights, my testimony was strengthened. The family is central to the Lords great plan of happiness. This is it!! These moments I share with my husband and children are what will carry me through not just to the next life, but will carry me through the trials of this earthly life.

This past Saturday, we had what is called the 'General women's meeting' for the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. There, our leaders speak to us of whatever it is we need to hear. It is no surprise to me that this year's focus is on the family. At the beginning of the broadcast, there is a video of family's singing a well know church song together - each family smiling widely and looking lovingly at one another. Many of my friends expressed to me how 'cheesy' they thought that was, but as I watched it, my grin was as wide as the people on the video and tears streamed down my cheeks. That kind of 'cheesy' happiness is totally real!! I testify of that as it is what I felt tonight. Pure bliss within the family.

Families can be together forever, through Heavenly Fathers plan. I only want to be with my own family and the Lord has shown me how I can.

Tonight, was like any other night. Tonight was a night to remember.

2 comments: