Kids

Kids

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Girls night!

Last night, Eleanor and Bit had their dance recital! Melissa got some tickets for Nola and I to go last year and we both were excited to go again this year! Eleanor was in quite a few routines this year and she did so well!! Nola was so excited to watch her. When Eleanor was on stage, Nola would shout out 'That's my friend! That's my girl!' After intermission, we went and sat by the stage and when Eleanor had her mermaid routine, she saw Nola and they were so adorable!! Nola would do the dance moves in her chair and they waved at each other like crazy.  Again, so unbelievably adorable!!!! Bit had one routine and she was a bumble bee - way too sweet! Those girls are to die for.

It was such a special night, for many reasons. I love mommy-Nola nights. It's great to be able to spend time I getter just us too. During intermission, we went and played hide and seek around the Yates, and then she showed me her dance routine, which she made up in the spot :) Nola is getting so big and I am very proud of her. She is beautiful, polite and full of life! I cherish our time together.

Another reason why last night was so special was because it was with the Irwins. Growing up, I did not have any cousins...Not a single one. What I did have, however, were real, close friends. I had playmates and their parents, who over time, became my 'cousins' and 'aunts and uncles'. It is such a special thing for me to see the beautiful friendship forged between Nola and Eleanor. I can honestly see how much the love each other. They want to be with one another, to cheer each other on, to play, dance, sing, learn, grow and to just plain be. While driving home, Nola said 'I am so grateful to have 'Nelnor as my best friend. I think Heavenly Father wanted us to be best friends.' I couldn't agree more, little darling :)

And then there is Melissa...I don't even know what exactly to say. She very well may be one of the greatest things that has happened to me in my adult life.  Oh the gift of a real friend - a true friend. One who does not cut me down, but lifts me up. One who is not jealous, but encouraging. One who I can swear in front of, cry eyes out to, laugh with until I pee, or can sit next to in complete silence. One I can share what I am really going through, who I can be honest with, without fear of judgment or criticism. One who can put me in my place when I'm being an idiot. One with whom we can share our testimonies, where we can learn and grow together in our search for truth, peace, light and hope. One who I can trust. One who respects me, and I her.

Melissa, I love you with such a special part of my heart. Thank you for making all the difference in my life. And thank you for inviting me and my family into your life.

PS  we should do a dance routine together in next years recital, set to the hymns ;) Love you!!

2 comments:

  1. What a special rare friendship for both you and Nola. I'm glad you have that. I have always loved watching Nola and Eleanor together. I remember one day at church Nola was a little antsy. As soon as she saw Eleanor she yelled ' she's here' and settled down. Loved it. Special spirit all of you for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True friendship is truly one of the best things.

    ReplyDelete