Kids

Kids

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Dutch Creek

We had the best day ever!!! We met the Watmoughs out a Dutch Creek for a day of camping and quadding. It was so fun!! I can't wipe the smile off my face :)

Doug worked from 5am-9am and then we got ready to head out. We may have gotten a little lost....but hey, we found them eventually! We had a quick bite of lunch once we got there and then we all loaded up to go for a ride. Dougie had his bike, Rob rode with Trev and Jo in the Razr, Tyson took Nola on a quad, Nate took John and I on a quad and Alton and Karen Henrie were on their quad. We had such an amazing ride and were gone for hours!!! We were all so dirty afterwards.







After our ride, we had some more snacks and then the Doug, Nate and Alton went out for a boys run :) I am sure Nate was happy to ride without an old lady and her baby on the back of his quad ;) While they were gone we played by the river, the kids found some mud to get into and we cooked some dinner. Seriously, we were all SO dirty. Here is some proof







I'll have to say, John was absolutely hilarious. He was a total and complete mess. I am not joking, this picture was taken only 5 minutes after we got there.


He was, and still is, completely obsessed with dirt bikes and quads (or trucks, as he likes to call them) If we weren't riding them, John was standing beside them, talking about them, climbing on them or just plain staring at them. He is just like his Dad :)

What was the best part of the day? It was the company, hands down. We LOVE the Watmoughs....like, a lot. They are our family. I had the privilege of serving as a Visting Teaching companion with Jo for quite a few years and that's how we really started to get to know one another. Doug was Tyson's blazer scout leader for a year, which also added a connection. Over the past 5 years, we have gotten so close with them. We've seen Nate leave and return from his mission to Chile. We seen Tyson receive the priesthood. We seen Ryan off on his mission to Kentucky and we'll see him back home in a year. Trevor and Jo asked me to sing at Nates homecoming and Ryan's farewell and it was such a priveldge to do so. My dearest Jo has MS and she can no longer sing. It is my honor to be her voice and sing for her boys. My kids are obsessed with Tyson...I mean, what child isnt? He is loving, attentive and totally engaged with the kids. Trevor is one of the most loyal, hardworking and loving men I have ever encountered. I hold such deep respect and admiration for him.

We love you Watmoughs!! Thanks for welcoming us into your family. Please know you are always welcome in ours :)

1 comment:

  1. They are an amazing family. Looks like so much fun. A must-get-dirty day is the best.

    ReplyDelete