Kids

Kids

Friday, September 4, 2015

My heart's heart

I often find myself in a place where I wish I could truly show people my heart. Where I could literally open my chest and show the people around me what is happening on the inside, and for them to truly feel what I feel in my heart's heart. Since this is not possible, I feel there are two ways of communicating what I feel - my words and the whisperings of the Spirit.

I am not eloquent. I have no magic spell, no catchy song, no clever rhythm, no punch line, no engaging plot, no thought provoking twist, no string to wrap everything up with, nothing to make what I have to say more meaningful, more powerful than what has been said by millions of people before me. I am but a woman - a human being bound by my carnal nature and my imperfection. Yet, in  this state of mortality, I can be a mouth piece for the things that ring true to me, for the lessons I have learned, the testimonies I have gained, the battles I have won, the truths I have uncovered.

I say, with all the energy of my soul, from my heart's heart, that Jesus is the Christ. This is complete and utter truth. This witness has been born to me by the gift of the Holy Ghost. I testify that Jesus Christ truly was, and is, the Savior of this world. I testify that He is Gods son...that He is my elder brother, and by so being makes me a daughter of my Heavenly Father. I testify that the truth is for eveyone. Every single person has access to this...to this incomprehensible beauty, this life altering power. Why not search for that? Why not look for anything that could make your life more? Even when your life is beautiful, why not look for something to enhance that beauty? To make the diamonds in your life truly sparkle.

My heart is filled with love, and that comes only from my Father in Heaven. If you ever wonder why I am happy, that's it. There is no other cause, no other explanation.

In my heart's heart, there is my God.

1 comment: