Kids

Kids

Thursday, February 4, 2016

She is here!!!

I have no idea where to start....

For years, I have been hoping, wishing and praying that AJ and Sarah would have children. It's almost embarrassing, the intensity of my emotions about it all.  Back in the spring, I had a vivid dream Sarah was pregnant and texted her the next day about it. Little did I know, she was newly pregnant! After the 12 week 'safe' zone, AJ and Sarah came to Lethbridge randomly for lunch and were adamant that I be there. I knew it...I just knew that they were going to announce a pregnancy. Once in Moxies, they passed me an envelope and I just began to cry. Through my sobs I said 'I knew it! I knew it!' Inside the envelope were pictures of my new niece or nephew to be. Instantly, I was in love.

The whole pregnancy I really though it was going to be a girl. AJ had told us the names they were going to use for either gender, and I just knew it would be Alice June. Sarah's pregnancy seemed to fly by (as other peoples pregnancies seem to do) and the due date was drawing closer. I knew I wanted to be there for the birth, but with 3 kids at home, The reality was that my chances were slim.

On Friday Jan 8, I was at the hospital getting some blood work done for Robbie, and my mom called. I immediately called her back shouting into the phone, 'Is the baby on it's way?!?' No, it wasn't. She just wanted to talk about something, but I just had this feeling. Not a few hours later, I get another call...mom and dad are on their way to Fernie, Sarah thinks she is in labour. At this point, I am VIBRATING with excitement, nerves, everything! Heck, you'd think I was the one in labour!! I called Doug to let him know and then we just had to wait. I didn't want to rush down to Fernie if it was a false alarm. 

Doug walks in the door around 5:30 and shortly after, I got another call - Sarah is 8cm!! I freak, frantically packing a bag and running out the door. The drive from Coalhurst to Fort MacLeod was intense!! I bawled my freakin' face off! I was so scared I was going to miss the birth! I was praying out loud and just gushing with all my thoughts. The whole time I kept saying 'Alice is coming! Alice is coming! I know it's her! I can't wait to meet you!!' It hit me that maybe it wasn't Alice...maybe it would actually be Gunner. But in my gut, I just knew.

I had to get gas in Fort MacLeod, so I checked my phone. My mom called, and fearing the baby was born, I called her back. Turns out Sarah was actually only 2cm (a little miscommunication) but that she was admitted to the hospital and baby is coming. That relieved me tremendously and was able to relax for the rest of the drive. 

When I got to the hospital in fernie, I was surprised to see everyone was waiting right outside the room Sarah was labouring in! We could hear her labour, which I was worried was breeching their privacy. I would NEVER want my family hearing me in labour! But, I am so grateful I was there and I could hear.

...I hesitate to write more. Being there, hearing Sarah and my brother....it honestly was one of the most sacred experienced I have ever had. I will never, ever forget it. 

A few highlights
- waiting with Maragret outside Sarah's room
- watching Dave and my Dad.
- hearing AJ cheer Sarah on, especially when Alice was coming
- hearing AJ when Alice was born
- hearing Alice's first cry!!
- AJ announcing Alice's birth
- AJ and Dad hugging
- AJ and I's hug

And now she is here!! Sarah is a mommy and my brother is a dad!!  I am over the moon in love with her and can't wait to spend the rest of my life loving her.

Welcome Alice!!! I love you to the moon!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment