Kids

Kids

Monday, July 11, 2016

Recitals!

June is an exciting time of year as it is recital season. Nola is not involved with anything that requires a recital, but Eleanor and Eva were!

This is the third year in a row that Nola and I went to watch Eleanor's dance recital. It is such a special and treasured night for Nola and I. A real girls night, doing girly things that we often don't get to do. I bought Nola a new dress for the occasion, I wore a dress and we did a matching braided hair-do. This year Nola decided we would go to McDonalds for dinner and a frozen lemonade. Nola, that is a true testament of how much I love you because I hate McDonalds!! After dinner we bought flowers for Eleanor and Bit and then headed to the show. I stole Watson as soon as we got there (I'm sure no one is surprised by that) and we loved the show. Eleanor did SO good and as always, Nola cheered for her with all her heart. Nola kept saying 'Eleanor is so beautiful' and 'I am so proud of her.' Those two girls have each others back and that is nothing short of a gift.


The very next night, Eva had her first piano recital. If we a very special night and I can honestly say that my heart was beaming with pride. Eva, the little darling, did an amazing job and I was taken aback by how big she really is getting. How will she will be 8 in March?!? She is so beautiful, inside and out. And to add to the pride I felt for my niece, I felt heaps of pride for Cola. This past year she has taught piano lessons in Raymond, so not only was Eva playing in the recital, it was Cola's recital! Seeing her up there, with all these beautiful children that she has careful and tenderly taught, touched my heart to profoundly. After the performers finished, Cola presented them with awards which so perfectly captured who Nicole is. Each child had a specific reward based on their time together. Each one was personal and individual, testifying of how dedicated Nicole was and is to her students. I was happy to hide in the hallway and tend Remy because my eyes were brimmed and then pouring with tears. Nicole, I am so proud of you. You are a beautiful person and you do so much good. Thank you for your example.


My family and I are truly just so blessed to have great people in our lives. Thank you, our dear friends, for involving us in your beauty.

2 comments:

  1. I have always loved watching Eleanor and Nola together. They have such a special friendship. Two girls with beautiful hears and souls, and great parents. I can't wait to see what their future holds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So a recital is a great chance for students to show improvement and progress over the school year by performing in front of their parents and peers. https://andreamadison78.wixsite.com/mysite

    ReplyDelete