Kids

Kids

Monday, July 11, 2016

This life is good

Where to begin...

As I move in and out of the moments I encounter and create each day, different aspects in my life seem to shift. Sometimes those shifts sync together, in perfect harmony, symmetrical and in exact rhythm, creating clarity, serenity, peace. Sometimes it's the exact opposite - chords crashing and reverberating confusing messages, leaving me desperate and exhausted as I try to jump back into the orchestra. Sometimes it's a back and forth battle of the two, a swinging pendulum of beauty and distress. And sometimes, it's like none of that at all.

This life is a dance. And I believe our experiences are the music. Altogether beautiful and melodic, energetic and driven, gut wrenching and raw, invigorating and fresh, fast and hard, reverent and reflective, witty and light, depressing and heavy, empowering and constructive, angst-y and irritating.

We hear it all. We feel it all. We live it all.

As I float and wade through these waves, I am often brought to the same place. A place where I look inward and ask myself if I am happy. Am I really happy? Is this what I want out of this wild and precious life I have been blessed with? Then, I take the time to answer... to really answer. The answers are not always what I expect them to be, but when I allow myself to be truly honest, to look my spirit straight in the eye and hash it out, I always come to the same realization.

This life is good. Really good.

I can never, and will never, deny the reality of Deity. How could one deny the existence of God? He is everywhere. He is apparent in every detail of our lives. Look for Him. Allow Him in and feel of His redeeming grace.

Because His grace is real. His forgiveness is real. His mercy is real. He is real. I have been redeemed time and time again as I fail, as I fall short of the mark and deny myself of my full potential. I have been forgiven of the sins that do so easily beset me and continue to do so. How, you may ask, do I know that? Because I have feel it, so deep in my spirit than I would lay down my life rather than deny its reality. I bask in His mercy and pray every day to be able to be merciful to others, especially when they struggle.

Our Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ taught us how to truly live. How to live lives that are full, abundant and absolutely breath taking. The world teaches that to follow Christ we must sacrifice the pleasures of life, however the opposite is true. Being obedient is not restricting, it is freeing. It is absolutely liberating.


I echo what Ammon declared to his brethren when sharing his experiences after teaching the Anti-Nephi-Lehies, 'Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part of what I feel.'

I can't.

There are no adequate words to convey they depths of my conversion. My God, my God, I love thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment