Kids

Kids

Monday, July 11, 2016

Walton Family Fun Day

Growing up, my parents took me and my brother on the same vacation every year - up to Calgary, the zoo, Calaway Park, The Keg, The Cheesecake Cafe, shopping and arcade. I loved it because A) it was tons of fun and B) it always delivered. As the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Dougie and I have adopted a similar trip that we have labeled the Walton Family Fun Day. We do the EXACT same thing for every family fun day because it always delivers. Up to Calgary and to the CrossIron Mills mall, South Street burgers for lunch, 'track hunting' and ice cream (and candied nuts for the grown-ups) at the Bass Pro Shop, a new toy from the Disney store and a trip to the arcade.

We had one back in the beginning of June and as I mentioned above, it always delivers. John was on cloud 9 when we saw the quads. We were up by the archery stuff when he noticed the quads and he was screaming with excitement while pointing at them. When he got to sit on one, he had his game face on and was making all sort of quad noises. How he loves ANYTHING with wheels!!

We played the shooting game too, which I just love. One of my most favorite childhood memories was watching my Dad play the shooting game :)

It was a total GONG SHOW at the Disney store, but luckily we made it out alive ;) Nola picked a Pocohantus necklace and earing set, Rob got a spinning, flashing Hulk and John picked a set of trucks. We did switch things up a little this trip and didn't head to the arcade, because their was a fair in the parking lot!! I LOVE Fairs!!! I have fond memories of being at the fair with my grandma. I never liked rides, so she would give me money to play the games. The kids were very excited about it and played a couple of games.

We then went to Denny's for dinner and then headed home.

I know I say this all the time, but boy, do I LOVE my family!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment