Kids

Kids

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Little Bow and Kinbrook Island

One of our summer goals is to camp as much as possible. It's July 9th and we've already camped three times, so we are off to a good start! Our first camp trip was to Little Bow. We had never been there before and it was nice. We went just for one night with Pete and Elizabeth Christensen. It was a great time, however we've realized that camping for just one night it kind of ridiculous...so much set up and take down in just two days. While camping, I practiced some Dutch oven cooking. Its much easier than I had anticipated and I loved it! I think I might ask for one for my birthday :) I didn't take many pictures one this trip, but here are a few.


The Monday after Canada Day we headed to Kinbrook Island campground by Brooks. We had never been there before either, however one of Doug's workmates suggested it and it did not disappoint! It was so beautiful and very well kept. We had an awesome camp spot and even had a little tree canopy to set our tent up under.


We spent A LOT of time at the beach!


Since the kiddos loved the face paint at Canada Day, we decided to buy some for ourselves. Doug and I both took turns painting the kiddos, and even Nola painted Doug and I as well as her brothers. She is such a sweet little mother hen :)


NOLA LEARNED HOW TO RIDE A TWO WHEELER!!! Oh man, so many emotions about this. The kiddos actually spent a lot of time on their bikes. They would just ride back and forth in front of our campsite, and we also took quite a few bike trip over to play at the park.


Colouring


There was a bird watching trail that we were able to explore. We saw pelicans and the kiddos collected feathers and crayfish claws. John was in a mood and needed to be packed most of the way.


John also stole my bed the first night, so I was up and out of the tent before 5am. Its a good thing he is so cute! Actually, it was quite nice - I had to time to read and build a fire by myself. It was quiet and peaceful, much unlike camping with a bunch of little kids ;)


We went to the beach on the Tuesday night and watched the most beautiful sunset. It was the perfect way to end the perfect day. Oh, how I love my family!

1 comment:

  1. You came so close to my house and did not even stop to say hi!!!! The one by brooks looks wonderful. I lived there for two years and never heard of that gem. You have such a sweet family.

    ReplyDelete