Kids

Kids

Monday, August 23, 2010

Yum yum!


Oh, how time flies!
Yesterday, August 22, I fed Nola rice cereal for the first time! How exciting! Its amazing how much she is growing and progressing - I love it! I have been so fortunate to be able to enjoy every little moment with her and not to wish she'd stop growing up. Sometimes, I feel like the only mom who loves seeing my girl grow. I do not feel sad at her progress - not one bit. Of course, the new-born stage was fun, but I don't necessarily miss it. I enjoyed every minute of that, now I am going to enjoy every minute of this! I want to enjoy each stage with all my heart - no looking back, no wishing, no regrets.
I am doing what Garth Algar has so wisely taught,
"Live in the now!"

Back to the cereal. Haha, she didn't know what to think! When I first put it in her mouth, she chomped down and then gave me this look like "What the?" After a few bites she got used to the texture and then she started focusing on the spoon. As mentioned many times before, Nola loves to suck, gnaw, and chew on anything and everything she can get her little hands on, and the spoon was no exception. She was more interested in the spoon than the cereal, but it was still fun!
After she ate, we went for a walk and she looked so full and tired. It was hilarious!
Here are some pictures!
Grow baby grow!!

I am not that smart. Half way through the feeding, I realized I hadn't put a bib on her. Good thing she was going to have a bath shortly after!

Yum yum!!


Baha! I love this picture! She didn't know what to think!

Its good for you baby, I promise!

I can do it myself! I am a big girl!!


Feeding in action!

2 comments:

  1. You are such a good little Mommy and Nola has such HOLY COW gorgeous eyes. :) Thanks for the reminder to live in the now! That's hard as a mom sometimes. We either miss past stages or wish for future ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um hello beautiful eyes!!! She is so gorgeous!! I'll admit that for the first 11 1/2 months of Chloes life I was sad that she was growing up because I enjoyed every second way to much. One day It just hit me that every new thing she learns and every accomplishment is also an accomplishment for me and how awesome is it that I get to witness all this?! Since then I have had a totally different outlook! Your such a good mom Jess! I love seeing how much you love cute Nola!

    ReplyDelete