Kids

Kids

Monday, March 26, 2012

So thankful for family.

I am going to spare all of you the details and just say, the past month has been beyond difficult around here. It has taken an extreme amount of effort to put one foot in front of the other, however, each day we have survived and are slwoly creeping forward.

This past week, I have been truely humbled and touched by the love of my family. Last Tuesday, my Mom took the day off of work to come to my house and watch the kids so I could nap. It helped so much, not only to get the rest, but to feel supported through this difficult time. On the weekend, we went to Medicine Hat with two very sick children. My sister-in-law, Nicole, was an angel! She helped us SO much! Nola was really sick and not too pleasant, yet Nicole sat with her and sang songs, read books and snuggled her. Nola loves her Auntie and it's obvious why. In the night time, Nola broke a high fever and was just so darn sick. Grandma and Papa Walton woke up in the night time to snuggle her and give Doug and I a break. What a gift! Today, my Mom came over and watched the kids so I could have a bath and go into town. Again, what a blessing. For those out there who do not have kids, that may sound ridiculous, but having a bath without a toddler banging on the door, screaming 'Mommy!' is a real treat.

I am humbled. How grateful I am not only for family, but for family who is willing to sacrafice to help one another out. It truely is my goal to be that kind of mother, sister, daughter, auntie, friend. You guys are the best and I am so blessed to have you in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment