Kids

Kids

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Growing up

You always hear people say that kids grow up way too fast, but sometimes, when you are in the thick of raising your children, time seems to move along like it should. Thats how I have always felt with Nola. When she turned one, it felt normal. When she turned two, that felt normal. But, lately I have been having little moments... For example, this morning we were playing with her babies in my bedroom. She was wrapping them in blankets, rocking them in Robbie's swing, and singing them songs. She then came across a baby spoon that I was packing for our trip this weekend. She grabbed Elmo, the spoon and said,

"Elmo ready for supper. Let's go to kitchen!"
"OK," I reply. "What would Elmo like for supper?"
She then asks Elmo, "What for supper, Elmo?" Then, she brings Elmo up to her ear, like he is whispering to her. She then looks at is face and says, "Elmo want cereals? Sounds good!"
She looks to me and says "Mommy, help La-La Elmo cereals?"
We proceed to the kitchen, where she puts Elmo in her booster seat, and starts to pretend feed Elmo from an empty bowl.

I drank this all in. How is she old enough to do this? It's in moments like these that I realize my baby is growing up...and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment