Kids

Kids

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Just Us

Dougie and I have booked time off work this week for family holidays. Our plan has always been to go to Creston to see Simone and Britt. Well, mid last week it became blatantly obvious that we just needed to stay home and have some family time. At first, I was pretty darn bummed about this. I was SO looking forward to spending some time with my girls in Creston, but I could see the need here.

I am happy to report that so far, this family time has been amazing! We were able to do Easter just us, conference just us, a snowy walk and building a snowman just us, and simply being together just us.

As the days and years pass, I am realizing more and more that THIS is it. Doug, Nola, Rob and John are my family. Now, I don't want to make it sound like think our parents, siblings, cousins, nieces and nephews, best friends or whoever are unimportant, but nothing compares to 'just us'. And really, I think this is how it supposed to be. This is the second holiday we have spent 'just us' and it is freakin' awesome. I love my family. I love the memories we are creating together. I love the questions I get to answer for my kids. I love the conversations we have - the goofy, the serious and everything in between.

I love my family. And I'm so happy to be 'just us'.

1 comment:

  1. Your right. It's awesome. Your focus chances a little with kids doesn't it. Love how you put it.

    ReplyDelete