Kids

Kids

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Last week

Last week was amazing. Simply amazing. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Dougie and I had holidays from work. For our days off, we had such a perfect balance of play, 'honey-do's' and down time. We got so much done around the house! I finished up decorating John's room, we hung photos in the basement, Doug finished building the shelves in the garage and I'm nearly done Nolas quilt. We had our Calgary trip, went on family walks, snuggled while watching a movie and played games.

Last week was exactly what the doctor ordered - concentrated doses of family time. This week, we are right back into the thick of life. Doug is in audit, I'm working, we've got birthday parties, stake conference and other commitments filling our days. How truly grateful I am for the strength, peace and joy I feel from my family. They give me such perspective and drive to push through the day to day challenges I face - no matter how big or small. There is no doubt in my mind whether or not the family is of God. Family IS the centre of the Lords great plan of happiness for us....even when they drive you crazy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment