Kids

Kids

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Waterton with Nana and Papa

A few weeks back, Mama and Papa called us up and asked if they could take the kids camping overnight in Waterton. Obviously, we said yes! Not only were the kids so excited to go camping with just Nana and Papa, Doug and I were excited for a little break too! After church that Sunday, we drove the kiddos down to Waterton. We met up just outside the park at a little picnic area, so Doug and I didn’t have to pay to get in. Mama made a delicious dinner of Mexican food and we had a little visit. The men then transfered over the kiddos car seats and we parted ways. Nola gets a little homesick, so I bought us some matching friendship bracelets to help her.

On our way back from Waterton we stopped in Cardston to water Mama and Papa’s flowers. Then, for ol’ time sake, we went and sat on the temple grounds. When Doug and I were engaged, we made some choices that forced us to postpone our temple marriage by 3 months. That was a pretty challenging time for us and one of the ways we drew strength from the Lord at that time was to go to the temple and sit on the grounds. We may not have been able to enter the doors, but we were there and felt abundantly of the Saviors love. We went every week, from September to January. We would sit on the grounds, in grass or snow, and talk about our future. Those are some of my most cherished memories. It’s crazy to think that was 9 years ago!

Doug and I had a great night together – we watched the Prestige downstairs and ate treats. That may not sound too exciting, but our kids bedrooms are downstairs, so we never watch movies down there when they are in bed. The next day was absolutely brilliant !! (for me, anyways) Doug went to work and I had a WHOLE DAY to myself. At first, I had no idea what to do with myself. I literally paced around the house! Finally I decided to just get my shoes on a go for a run. After my run, I met up with my mom at the mall for some lunch and shopping. After that, I came home and watched another movie downstairs while I rested. Once I was rested up, I watched another movie and gleaned all the kids toys.

Mama and Papa brought the kids back around 7PM, so once they were home we got them to bed – they were exhausted! How grateful I am for the opportunity my children have to make memories with their family!! Here are some pictures that Mama sent my while they were camping

2 comments:

  1. Fun fun. Isn't it funny how the little things are so great. A movie downstairs. I totally get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were in Waterton that day too. We ran into Nola in the bathroom at the park. I love days at home all to myself.

    ReplyDelete