Kids

Kids

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Borscht? Really?!?

Monday was a rough day. I felt super ill all day long, even though I was able to sneak in two naps. In the evening, I was watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives - 'cause if I can't eat food, at least I can dream about it!! One of the places they were showing was making borscht and it looked SO good! There are not many times where something looks good AND sounds good at the same time, but this did. Luckily, I had some frozen borscht, so Doug defrosted it and gave me a bowl. It went down well and it stayed there!! Not only did it stay, I felt really good after eating it...like, CRAZY good. I felt strong and energetic, two words I would definatly not use to describe myself as of late. Even hours later, I felt good! And for the first time in weeks, I SLEPT!! I did not wake with a sick stomach. Hooray!!!!

This morning I woke up feeling just fine. I made myself a smoothie - the first meal I have prepared myself in over a week. It went down great and stayed down. I did the dishes, sorted the laundry, had a bath, did my hair, walked around the mall for 15 minutes and then drove myself to my Dr's appointment! I have done so much! And I still feel good! I had borscht again for lunch and it made me feel great again. I decided to 'google' the health benefits of beets, and they are amazing! They are high in carbohydrates, contain sodium, magnesium, calcium, iron and phosperous! They are also considered a fiber food and contain vitamins A and C as well as niacin and folic acid. Holy super food!! I had some more tonight :)

I saw my Dr today and the appointment went really well. I am still down 6 lbs, but my blood pressure has increased which is wonderful. He has increased my meds so hopefully I'll be able to get things even more under control. He has given me the go-ahead to try back at work starting May 11th!! I am SO happy. I really hate being away from work - I haven't been there in nearly two months! I hope everything goes well and that it keeps getting better and better!

Tonight, I went with Doug and took the kids to the park. It was beautiful. I haven't played with my children in a long time, and it felt amazing. I am so blessed!!

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful. If it is the beets or not I hope it last for you. Good luck. It is a good think you like beets:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such good news! I hope things continue to get better and better:)

    ReplyDelete