Kids

Kids

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Nola lately

- she has lost two teeth!! It still is crazy to me. Everytime she opens her mouth, she looks like a big kid. I really am so excited for her - she thinks it is the coolest thing ever to lose a tooth.
- swimming lessons. She is back in swimming lessons for the summer and she loves them. Yesterday, she even put her head under water! That is a huge improvement and you can tell how proud she is of herself. 
- she loves hamburgers. This kind of came out if no where, but she is really loving them. She will eat one the size of her head, with all the fixin's. 
- she loves books. I can sit with her for over an hour reading books. She has been picking them out at the library and she loves the beginner chapter books. She is also a big fan of Pete the Cat books.
- she LOVES the backyard. She is out in the yard everyday, doing something. Quite often I overhear her playing make believe. Usually she is an animal or a superhero :) 
- still loves Tarzan. We rented Tarzan 2 from the library and the Tarzan soundtrack - she is obsessed!!
- she has been pretty sassy. Talking with other mothers of 5 year olds, it sounds pretty common, but boy! It's a challenge! She gives me attitude about pretty much everything. This morning, it was 'Why is there no more laughing cow? I haven't eaten one in 20 days, Mom!!!!' Fun times.
- she wants to cut her hair....short, like mine. I feel bad, but I just can't do it. If it's short like mine, I'll have to style it everyday! I am sure that makes me sound lazy, but I rely on a pony tail for that girl.
- she is so excited and so ready for Kindergarten. Yes...kindergarten. Can you believe it?!? I am so excited for her - she is going to do great. She is in class with Eleanor and Euan, which is pretty exciting for her (and me. Carpool!!)
- favourite babies at the moment: big Marie, snowy the snow leopard, Molly and baby Nola.
- she always wants to exercise with Doug and I. She puts on her exercise clothes - yoga pants, stretchy shirt and a head band ( or three) - and joins us. It's hilarious watching her do Zumba with me, and Doug gets her on his equipment.

Nola is my everything. She was, and still is, the perfect introduction to motherhood. I love watching her grow. She is pushing herself, and me, to understand new things, to expand horizons, to test limits, to break barriers, to dig deep and to find the gold buried within herself, myself and this world.

You are nothing short of a blessing, my girl. I love you to the moon!

1 comment:

  1. McKenna always wants her hair cut too. I usually let her cut it at the beginning of summer in a cute little bob right at her shoulders and its actually really easy to maintain. She just brushes it every day and it sits really nice. I rarely have to do it. Then we grow it out again all year round.I don't know if I would go any shorter then that though. I agree. Still being able to put it into a pony tail is a must:)

    ReplyDelete