Kids

Kids

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Summer games

The summer games were held in Claresholm this year and both Orin and Ami were in them. Tuesday night Meg, Matty, Orin, Ami, Hailey and Whitney came stayed the night at our place. We told Meg to just come in when the got here because we would probably be in bed. Well, we weren't in bed...and we stayed up way too late visiting, as per the usual! We laughed lots! Matty brought us a MASSIVE watermelon. We are still eating it!

The next day, I took the kids to Claresholm to watch some of the events. It was an adventure! Haha. We left Coalhurst at 9am and got home at 6:30pm. We had such a fun day! It was crazy hot, the kids were all over the place, Ami's soccer team won both games, Orin totally dominated all of his track events and we had TONS of laughs. I am just so in love with my family!!

Some highlights:
- Robbie and his infatuation with the 'No dogs allowed' sign. He was so confused...the sign said no dogs, but there were dogs everywhere!
- Nola at DQ. Within 2 minutes of getting our food, she sneezed all over Megan's salad, spilled a whole cup of plum sauce down the front of her shirt and got ice cream in her hair.
- John walking around, introducing himself to the spectators. "Hi! I'm John!"
- the umbrella. Hahaha!!!! Nola and Rob played with this umbrella Nana bought and they TOTALLY destroyed it! Everytime Nola would come over the hill, it was more broken than the time before. Nana said it was the best $5 she ever spent. SO many laughs!
- watching Orin run. Boy, can that kid move! I am so proud of that boy, for many reasons. I love my Orin!!
- watching Ami on her soccer team! She played a few different positions and was really getting into the games. She is growing up and makes me so happy. My goofy girl :)
- hanging with Matty. We don't see him too much, which is a shame. He really is one of my favourite people.  I love watching him with my kids - bribing them to come see him! Haha.  
- Robbie in the port-a-potty. "Oh! This is a different kind of bathroom!"

Whenever I am with the Mays, I never take pictures!! I am always kickin myself about it afterwards, but it's just because I am so thoroughly enjoying my time with them. 

It's a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment