Kids

Kids

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Nola Mae - 6 years old


Nola loves
- animals. As you have seen, your party was puppy and kitty themed. She loves to play animals! When playin pretend, she often plays that she is a pet, usually a kitty, tiger, puppy or unicorn, and I am the owner. Sometimes we do the opposite. She also loves to play baby animals and I am the mommy.
- little things. If it is tiny, she will love it!! Littlest pet shops are a big hit right now. I also found some extra tiny, rubber animals which she loves.
- Alice. She is one very proud big cousin!! She talks to everyone about Alice! I don't blame her, I do too! Grandma printed off some pictures of Nola and Alice for her and Nola cherishes them.
- favourite songs: 'hot diggity dog' and 'dr worm' - They Might Be Giants, 'reflections', 'shoot out the lights' and ' dangerous' - The Mad Caddies, 'hello' - Walk Off The Earth version.
- favourite books: 'Pizza' Frank Asch, 'Carl and the Puppies', any and all easy reader books. We are also reading 'The Enormous Egg' for One School, One Book, and she is really enjoying it! It's wonderful to have her listen to me read her a chapter book. 
- her brothers. Boy, do they have fun together!! They play all the time. It's usually Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers or tigers.
- being outside. There are multiple requests daily to go to the park or play in the yard. She loves to run and 'climb the mountains'. She is such a physical, energetic girl!! I love watching her run - she truly is so free!!
- pineapple hair. Haha! That's what we call a big crazy bun on the top of your head :)
- bath time. She still LOVES to play in the bath!! She also has started having showers with me and she is loving those too.
- hearing stories about herself or her family members when thy were little. She will listen intently for hours as we tell her stories of her as a baby. She also loves to hear about stories of me and grandma, or daddy and nana, or her brothers. She wants to know all about the past, which is so lovely. I love sharing our history with you Nola!
- playing Chopped Canada. While eating dinner, she will judge Doug and I, and then chop one of us. Haha! It's hilarious! She calls us by our first name. Tonight, when she chopped Doug, she explained that the butter and cheese on her pizza did not go together, and that's why he was chopped. Hilarious!!!
- Kim Possible. Loves it.

What's new
- she is learning to read!! How thrilling!! She has memorized many sight words and is working on sounding new words out. She is so proud of her self, and of course, I am pretty proud too.
- ready for a two wheeler. She cannot wait to learn how to ride a two wheeler!! She asks all the time to take the training wheels off her bike! Can't wait for her to learn.
- a total of 4 teeth have been lost! I love her toothless grins!

The challenges of Nola being 6
- attitude. Bless her sweet heart, but boy, Nola sure can dish out the attitude. Luckily, it is not consistent and mostly comes out when she is tired.
- she always wants more. Even if I play all morning with her, she will cry, fuss or argue that she wants to play more. Even if I treat her and the boys with chicken and fries for lunch, she will whine for ice cream or donuts. Even if we go to the library, then the park and then the grocery store, she will argue that she also wants to go swimming. As you can imagine, this has been very trying. We work often on having an 'attitude of gratitude' and focusing on our blessings.

Even though we all have our challenges, I am so privileged to be Nola's mom!! Honest and truly.

My favourite things about being Nola's mom
- watching her with her brothers. Does she ever love them!!! She wants to play with them, tend them and just straight up love on them! I sometimes think she smothers John with her love :) She is their hero and she has totally earned that title.
- snuggling. As mentioned before, she will often be my baby or pet kitty/puppy/unicorn and we have a nice snuggle. She talks in her kitty voice and I give her a gentle touch. These are such special and sacred moments together.
- listening to her stories. Boy, does this kid have an imagination!!! She tells us all about her dreams or sometimes what she wishes she could dream about. She tells us all about her day at school, church, grandmas, whatever! I love the she wants to share her stories and life with us.
- her sense of humor. She is just like her dad - always up for a good laugh. I often tell her stories of when she was little, and she laughs at herself. 
- her empathy. As much as this gives me some mixed emotions, I am so touched to see my daughter become an empath. Being an empath myself, I know it can be a hard road to trek...taking on the worries, pains and discomforts of the world and your fellow men. However, it is a beautiful way to live. It keeps you connected to The Lord in a way that is unbreakable, as you literally need The Lord to help you carry the load. Even though it's tough and seems to be a trait that few carry these days, Nola...don't lose this. Cultivate it and ask me for help anytime.

My darling daughter, there are no words. No words to ever describe my love for you. No words to reflect the way my heart sees you, the way you are changing the world. You are beautiful in every facet. You are strong, determined, resilient and graceful. You, my love, are a princess...a daughter of God and of infinite worth. 

I am madly in love with you, and I will be forever.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your little girl. She is precious.

    ReplyDelete