Kids

Kids

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Puppy and Kitty Party!

On March 2, we had Nola's 6th birthday party. It was a success!!! Yay!!

I am not sure why, but I had A LOT. Of anxiety over throwing a party for Nola this year. Last year, her friend party totally overwhelmed me, and with all that has been going on, I just didn't want to have to do that again. The plan was, for a long time, that I would just take Nola, Eleanor and Eva to the movies, however I just knew that Nola wanted her friends over. I came to terms with it and planned a party.  She was SO excited!! Sarah and Alice came, so when Nola dropped off invitations to her friends she told them 'If you come to my party, you will meet Alice!' Can you tell she is a proud big cousin?!

Nola decided on a Puppy and Kitten theme. Deal! I loved it!! Nickie and I decorated a puppy cake, we played 'hot diggity dog' (hot potato), coloured pictures and did an Adopt-A-Pet centre instead of goody bags. It was cute!!

We had a total of 13 kids and only two instances with tears. Sounds like a success to me!! Nola did, however, strip down to her undies to show everyone how she can be Tarzan.... Haha! Yup, she still hasn't outgrown Tarzan!!

Nola loved it and boy, does it ever make me happy to see her happy. It was a lovely day filled with friends, family, cake and love. Love you Nollie!!!!





These two were so cute playing hot diggity dog, I was literally melting!! 


Colouring


Euan and Robbie spent pretty much the whole time playing in the toy room. They came out for cake and to quickly give Nola her present :)


As soon as we brought those chairs home from IKEA after our anniversary getaway, Nola had the perfect plan to use them at her party. And since the chairs actually have a puppy and a kitty on them, it was too good to be true. She planned that she would sit in one chair, and whoever was giving her a gift would sit in the other chair. Once that gift was opened and Nola said thank you, that child would sit back with the others and someone new would come up. To be honest, it was a brilliant idea!! It works great!




She just loves this hat from Brosie!




Aww! These two are way too cute together!!


And then it was time for cake! To be honest, we didn't have cake until 10 minutes before the party was over! Time flew!!




I hope your birthday party was everything you dreamed of. Love you baby girl!! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I have so much to say. Adorable cake. Love adopt a pet rather than goody bags. Such a good idea. And truly Nola is brilliant. The thing I hated most about kids parties was all the kids crowding around a present time. Tarzan is an awesome movie. Cora was seriously crying of happiness when we unpacked the VCR for her to watch Tarzan last Saturday. And she is 16 :) I had to take pictures. I miss your kids. And you guys. And all our friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute party. I loved the food in the doggie bowls. The chair idea is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete