Kids

Kids

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Easter week - Sunday

He is risen!!!!

Easter Sunday...is there any better day?! We started off the day be greeting each other with excitement, shouting 'Hosanna! He is Risen!' The kids loved it and honestly, I loved it too! I felt so good to shout in joy that our Savior has risen. Oh, how I love my Savior :)

The Easter bunny also left treats for the kids Sunday morning, so once they were all up, we gathered to start the hunt. After the hunt, we made breakfast. I found this recipe online for 'Resurection Rolls'. They are brilliant and also delicious. You start with a marshmallow, which represents Jesus. You dip the marshmallow in melted butter and the cinnamon sugar representing the anointing of Jesus' body, then wrap it in Pillsburry cresent rolls, representing the cloths which were wrapped around Jesus body. You put the wraps in the 'seplechure' (the oven) and bake for 15 minutes. The pastry bakes around the marshmallow, making a cave while the marshmallow melts. When finished, you open the pastries and see that Jesus body is gone. The kids LOVED this!! Nola literally screamed 'He is Risen!!!!' when she opened hers. It was the perfect. Then off to church for a beautiful Easter service.



When we gathered before the egg hunt, Nola raised her hand and said 'I love that the Easter bunny came, but Easter isn't really about the Easter bunny. It's about Jesus. Jesus died but He is resurected! And we will be resurected too!'

Mission accomplished.

My testimony burns so strong within me. These accounts, these stories are true! Jesus Christ truly is the Son of God. He lived on this earth and taught us the truth of who we are and what we are to do. I am SO grateful to know Him! To have guidance and direction in my life because of my Lord and Savior. I know that by suffering in the Garedn of Gethsemane, Jesus took on the sins of the world. 

My sins. Your sins. Everyones. 

Oh, how that strengthens me. How it blesses me with respect and humility to my Savior, with courage and conviction to face the sins that do so easily beset me. I can do it, because He did.

This has been the best Easter in my life by far, and I know it's because we were focused on the right thing. May The Lord bless all of us as we turn to Him and search for truth.

Hosanna!!! He is Risen!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have really enjoyed ready this week. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete