Kids

Kids

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Big girl bed

It finally happened. Nola Mae monkey girl crawled out of her crib. I will be honest, I experienced A LOT of anxiety with switching Nola from crib to bed. She is a very busy girl and the thought of her not being contained made me VERY uneasy, however the deed was done and she needed to be moved to a bed for safety. Doug and I got her new bed set up and spent quite a bit of time with her in her room familiarizing her with her new bed. Once bed time came, can you guess what happened?? It went like this:

- we laid her down
- she went to sleep

Yup, like nothing had changed. I had literally lost sleep over this, and she transitioned without a peep! Obviously, I need to chill out a little bit :)

Now, nap time has been a little different. I don't think she sleeps during her nap time, I think she just plays in her room quietly. Occasionally I will hear a big 'thud' which is usually her destroying something, but I cannot complain because she will have her nap/quiet time for nearly 2 hours everyday! Yahoo!

Here she is about to sleep in her big girl bed for the first time


And here is evidence that she doesn't really nap


2 comments:

  1. how nice that it went SO WELL for you!! She is such a cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first picture looks just like you!!!! shes getting sooooo big!!! love her

    ReplyDelete