Kids

Kids

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Big hug!

To be honest, I don't like putting Nola to bed. By the end of the day I'm tired, and getting her bathed and ready can just be so much work! I usually just want to get Robbie to sleep and then crawl into my own bed. Usually Doug gets Nola to bed, however he is working, so the lot falls on me. I was dreading bed time...I put her down nearly 45 minutes later than normal, hoping that Doug would arrive just in time to take over. So, what did my dreaded night consist of?

- Nola, while in the tub, puts a teething ring around Elmo's neck and says, 'Elmo so coot(cute)! Mommy, Elmos pitty(pretty)!'
- After her bath, Nola sat on her chair and quietly ate a banana while I combed her hair.
- Nola asked to read Big Bird's Book of ABC's. She identified every letter correctly, even if I messed up their order.
- After our book, she jumped on her bed to get out some wiggles. Mid-jump, she stopped, looked at me with a huge smile, threw her arms in the air and said 'Big Hug!' She then hoped down from her bed, ran to me and gave me a long, tight squeeze.
- Nola said her first prayer tonight.
- As I left her room, she said 'Night-night Mommy. Love you.'

I am humbled. Had I waited to have Doug put Nola to bed, or had I skipped bath time and rushed to get her in bed, I would have missed some pretty amazing moments. Thank you Nola, for softening my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment