Kids

Kids

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Middle-of-the-night moments

Nola wakes at 3:30am, screaming. Not sure if she fell out of her bed, had a bad dream or what, I go to her and kneel down by her bed. Between sniffles she says,
"Snuggle Mommy, peas?"
"Of course, baby."
I pack her into my room, lay her in bed between Doug and I and rub her delicate, little back. Her breathing slows as she slips back to sleep.
Perfection.

Robbie is up for his regular feeding at 1:00am. I go into his room, scoop him up out of his crib, change is nappy and swaddle him tight. By the glow of his night-light, we rock back and forth as he quietly and gentley nurses. His nursing slows to a stop. His little body swells with each breath as he relaxes into a deep sleep. I look at his sweet face and can see into the Heavens.
Bliss.

How grateful I am for middle-of-the-night moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment