Kids

Kids

Friday, February 10, 2012

Blessed

Before starting this post, I sat at the computer for a moment contemplating what I would title this post. What word or phrase could I use to convey my feelings?

My children. How truely blessed I am to be the mother of my children. Words will never express the love from a Mother to a child. It's such an amazing and perplexing relationship - the highest highs, the lowest lows, and every inch in between. Time can drag on, yet speeds by in an instant. One moment you can't stand to look at them, the next their sweet faces bring you to tears. The worry...oh my, the worry. It's real, it's deep, it's bliss, it's hell, it's exhausting, it's rejuvenating, it's a blessing.

Nola, my darling daughter. You are an example of all that is good in this world. You make me smile and laugh, everyday. The things that come out of your mouth are priceless! You are sensitive and empathetic. You love your fellow man and are always willing to tend to those in need. I never knew someone could be so in touch with not only their emotions, but other's emotions at such a young age. Your hugs and kisses heal all my wounds. You are even tempered and obidient. You have a beautiful spirit about you. Your Grandma always taught me as a young girl to lead with my smile, and it overwhelms me with pride and humility to see you do the same. I love you, with everything that is in me.

Robbie boy, you truely are something else. Never have a met a child like you. I honestly think you are an angel, sent to me from my Father in Heaven. When I hold you and look into your eyes, I can see all that is pure and beautiful in this world. I have enjoyed each and every moment we share. You are getting big and strong. I think the Lord has blessed you with strength - physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. You are a strippling warrior, here to defend God's truth. I promise I will do all I can to help you grow.

I am in the depths of humility. I thank the Lord for the blessed calling of 'Mother'.

1 comment: