Kids

Kids

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Creston!

We finally made it to Creston this year!!! We had plans fall through twice earlier this year. The kids were so great in the van - we couldn't believe it! We made it from Coalhurst all the way to Cranbrook without stopping. Once in Cranny, we had our picnic lunch at the park and then headed to Church. When leaving the park, Doug and the kids couldn't help but play in the leaves. I am glad I captured a couple pictures...they make me so happy!! 




After church we got back on the road to head to Creston. We were there before we know it and the second I stepped in to Simone's house I was so happy!!!! I haven't seen her in ages! We had a great big, long hug. Caleb was in his high hair havin lunch and I couldn't believe how big he has gotten! Caleb is one month younger than John, but the last time I saw him the boys were only 6 months old. Then came Adam. There really are no words to describe my love for that little boy. Him and Nola get along so well and they were over the moon to see each other.

It was a gorgeous day, so we headed out to play in the back yard.

Doug and Dustin pushed the kids in the cars. They made it look so easy, I figured I'd give it a go. I could barely move them! Haha. The kids were in heaven!



Adam and Nola took John for a ride.






Ain't she so pretty?!


And then Robbie found the cat, Snuffles. If you look back at the last time we went to Creston, snuffles had just had kittens and all Robbie did that trip was sit outside the closet were Snuffles and her kittens were, and stared at them.



We had dinner, the kids watched a show, we put them all to bed and then Doug, Dustin, Simone and I stayed up late and chatted. 

The next day, Britt, Simone and I snuck away for some 'girl time'. Last trip, the boys went out, so it was our turn. We said we'd be gone about 2 hours....well, 6 hours later we come strolling into the house. Whoops!! Needless to say, we had an excellent time together. We went an for steamed milk, walked around the wetlands, went to DQ for lunch and stopped by Britts quickly to see her newly renovated home. It looks AMAZING!! Doug, Dustin and Kevin had a great day with the kids while we were out. 

I love these girls!!





Once back at Simone's, we finished cooking up the Thanksgiving dinner. It was so tasty!!!

 After dinner we packed up our stuff to go and spend the night at Britt and Kev's. Nola had a tough time falling asleep at Britts - Doug eventually had to take her out for a drive. Bed time was tricky, but once the kids were in bed, the craziness began! Us gals went to 7-11 to get treats and when we got back, the boys had started playing the X-Box. They were playing the retro game Battle Toads and it was hilarious!! I am sure that multiple late-night exhaustion was part of it, but we all laughed SO hard!! It was awesome. 

Once we finally crawled into bed, I could hear Brittney calling my name. I stumbled out if bed, wondering what the heck she wanted, and she motioned for me to come to her and I am so glad she did. Her baby chicks were hatching in the incubator!! I have never seen a chick hatch!! It was so beautiful to watch. 

Next day we were up and at 'em and headed back home. Another beauty trip to BC to see my family. I love you guys so so much!! Can't wait til next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment