Kids

Kids

Saturday, October 24, 2015

General conference 2015

I am going to level with you, Conference was a bit of a nightmare this October. I worked Saturday, but Doug tried to watch with the kids as much as he could.  Sunday morning, we did the same as last year - made a fort, brought out the pictures of the Prophet and his Apostles, had key words to listen for and treats. Did it work? Not even maybe. The kids cried, fought, played, coloured, did pretty much everything other than listen. About 3/4 the way through the morning session, Doug and I just started laughing. We had listened all morning but I could not tell you a single thing which has been said! For the afternoon session, we put a movie on for the kids upstairs so we could have some peace and quiet in the basement to watch.

Things don't always work out. Sometimes good, even great, righteous plans fall to pieces right before your very eyes. I try to remind myself that The Lord sees out efforts and we will be blessed. I am still catching up on all the talks I have  missed, but this is the season of my life!!! 

I believe in the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. His prophet, Thomas S  Monson, has been called to teach, lead and provide to us the gifts and nourishment of His word. The Spirit touches my soul and whispers to my heart that this is the truth. I am grateful to  live in the dispensation of the fullness of times, that all the keys of the priesthood have been restored and that I may know the truth. God is real. He loves me, and I feel that love through His beloved prophet. I am grateful, so grateful for the truth.





1 comment:

  1. That is how I feel going to the temple. So many things come up. Satan really doesn't want us to do good. Thankful for the ensign so I can read later.

    ReplyDelete