Kids

Kids

Friday, October 2, 2015

Robbie - 4 years old


Robbie loves
- superheroes! Any and all superheroes. Ninja turtles, batman, spiderman, the Avengers, the Justice League, you name it!! His top three - Batman, the Hulk and Leonardo.
- Kids CBC. Each morning, CBC has a series of children's shows and Robbie loves them all!! SuperWhy, Napkin Man, JP and Me, Daniel Tigers Neighbourhood, every single one! On the days he doesn't have preschool, that's all he wants to do.
- preschool. He is doing one morning of preschool at the Elementary school and then one morning of Parent Preschool. He loves them both!!!
- board games. Nola, Rob and I play board games pretty much every afternoon while John naps. His favourites are Memory, hi-hi cherry-o,  perfection and the fishing game.
- building forts with Dad.
- video games, in all their varieties. To be truthful, we do not allow Robbie to play video games barely ever. Once you turn on the wii or let him play a handheld or iPad, it is like WW3 trying to turn it off! 
- Cereal, yogurt, toast, smoothies and craisins.
- playing make believe. Common make believe games are: ninja turtles - Rob is Leo, Nola is Donny, John is Miley, Doug is Raph and I am April O'Neil, Elsa the Ice Queen - Nola is Elsa and Rob skates around the house on the ice she makes for him, Lava - the kids jump from couch to pillow to blanket trying not to touch the lava, firefighters - the kids rescue one another from a fire which is usually on the stairs.
- snuggles. The kid still loves a good mommy snuggle and there is NOTHING wrong with that. Especially in the afternoon after a busy morning of preschool, all he wants is to curl up in a blanket with mom.
- cooking. He loves being in the kitchen and I love having him there!
- singing! Haha, this is a new one, beginning with the introduction of preschool. He sings nursery rhymes (well, his version of the nursery rhyme) all the time.ost popular - BINGO, old macdonald, twinkle twinkle.

Robbie does not love
- trying new food. He has to try everything on his plate and boy is it tricky! Luckily he will try it, whatever it is, but not without a huge fuss, multiple scowls and him informing you that 'he's sad.'
- transitions. He is having a really tough time transitioning between activities. Whether it's leaving the house, leaving  preschool, leaving grandmas, leaving SFI, or leaving McDonalds, he is usually in tears.
- vegetables and potatoes.
- putting on his shoes.

Robbie-isms
- 'look at my eyes!' Rob gets very frustrated when he talks to you and you do not look at his eyes. When he is talking, he needs your full attention.
- 'chicken dance .' This is his answer to pretty much any joke or goofball thing you are doing or saying. Whether it be a knock-knock joke or if he is teasing you, it is always 'chicken dance.'
- I am not sure how to describe it, but Robbie often makes this weird noise...it's like he is sucking in air through his clenched teeth. He does it mostly when he is goofing off or when he doesn't know what to do or say.
- 'I'm sad.' I hear this one often, not because he is a sad boy, but because anytime he feels any other emotion than happy, he furrows his brow, pouts and informs you that 'I'm sad.'
- 9 times out of 10, he puts his undies on backwards and inside out.
- 9 times out of 10, he will be hanging around the house in just his inside-out undies. He is not a big fan of pants.

Mommy loves
- the snuggles. Seriously, he is the best snuggler in the world!!! I think The Lord knew I needed at least one kid who loves to snuggle as much as I do. Robbie gives me my daily snuggle fix.
- watching him learn. He has been doing speech for a few months now and the progress has been amazing! I am so proud of him, but mostly I am so happy to see him recognize the changes. His confidence has grown as he has learned.
- watching him do the things he loves. I often stand at the living room door and watch him watch his favourite shows, or peek into the toy room to watch him play with his toys, or eaves drop as I listen to him and Nola play make believe. It makes me happy to see or hear him happy.
- watching him dance. Hilarious!!!! Totally hilarious! He kind of hunkers down, stomps his foot and has no rhthyme.
- his smile. Melts my heart every time.
- his mood swings. Don't like the mood Robbie is in? Wait 4 minutes, it will change :)

Duffman, I love you. So so so much. You really are my best little friend and I cherish the moments we get together. I am so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment